- 23 January - HCCMOAA Officers' Call/Happy Hour
- 20 January - HCCMOAA Officers' Call/Happy Hour
- 3 December - HCCMOAA Holiday Party and General Membership Meeting
- Our HCCMOAA chapter had a wonderful Holiday party at the Mariott Hotel in Boone, NC. The party was well attended and enjoyed by all.
- 15 December - HCCMOAA Officers' Call/Happy Hour
- 10 November - Happy 241st Birthday Marines
- 11 November - Veterans' Day Activities
- At 0900 a Veterans' Day Ceremony was held at Appalachian State University with Capt Douglas May, USMC (Fmr) as the guest speaker.
- The HCCMOAA coordinated Veterans' Day activities at the Boone Mall for our 10th annual experience with yet another heavily attended ceremony. Mr. Keith Buchanan, a local businessman and historic "story-teller" was our featured speaker. Keith is a published author with a focus on the "smaller" stories of WWII. He provided one such story in his presentation. Once again, the Watauga County Band provided great renditions of patriotic music.
- Then, at 1500 hours was the Grand Opening of the Student Veteran Resource Center at Appalachian State University. This was a well-attended dedication with the Center named after Major General Reeder, USA, who was an Appalachian State Alumnus.
- 17 November - HCCMOAA Officers' Call/Happy Hour
- 19 November - Heroes Day Football Game
- In conjunction with the ASU Military Affairs Committee, the ASU Veterans Association and the Appalachian Army ROTC (Mountaineer Battalion) we helped with the Tailgate activities prior to the ASU Heros' Day Football game with the University of Louisiana at Monroe. Appalachian State University's Department of Athletics welcomed all military and first responders to attend the football for free. In addition, the families of first responders and military personnel were invited to attend for a discounted rate.
- 23 October - Strikes for Troops Fundraiser
- We had a successful Strikes for Troops for the second year. Thank you to all who participated. Please consider joining us next year for this fun event that helps us raise valuable monies for our chapter.
- 27 October - HCCMOAA Officers' Call/Happy Hour
- 23 September - Hound Ears Golf Association Free "Rounds"
- The Hound Ears Golf Association again sponsored a successful golf event and lunch, inviting veterans to participate free of charge. Various representatives from all Veterans' groups were invited; including the HCCMOAA, American Legion, VFW, DAV, and other organizations.
- 29 September - HCCMOAA Officers' Call
- 30 September - Annual General Membership Meeting and Officer Election
- Our annual meeting with installation of Chapter Officers and Board Members was held at the Boone Golf Course, Boone, NC. Our guest speaker was Matthew Segal and his wife representing the Korea Revisit Program. The talk was interesting, educational and well received.
- 12 August - NC Council of Chapters Dinner at the Meadowbrook Inn, Blowing Rock, NC
- Following a Social Hour there was a Welcome and Short Business Meeting. This was followed by Dinner and our Guest Speaker, COL Cherie Zadlo (USAF). COL Zadlo is the Director of Member Products and Services at the National MOAA Office. We received numerous positive comments on the meeting.
- Golf at Hound Ears opportunity - In conjunction with the COC Dinner, Hound Ears, an exclusive private club in the region offered 20 of our MOAA members an opportunity to play as guests.
- 25 August - HCCMOAA Officers' Call
- 28 July - HCCMOAA Officers' Call
- 17 June - Blood Drive in Honor of Sonny Sweet - American Red Cross
- This Blood Drive was held in honor of one of our founding members, Colonel Sonny Sweet, USA (Retired). It was held at Greenway Baptist Church at 880 Greenway Road, Boone, North Carolina. Sonny was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer in 2013 but continues to be active in various community service activities including the HCCMOAA.
- 18 June - Watauga County Relay for Life - American Cancer Society
- In addition to our financial support, the High Country Chapter continues to provide the colors and lead the survivor lap. As has been the case in the past, we were well-received in leading this group of heroic survivors as we all hope and pray for an end to the ravages of cancer.
- 25 June - Blood, Sweat and Gears Bike Ride
- We were again proud to support this huge community event by passing out rider packets. We also fed dinner and breakfast to veterans and disabled vets who attended the event.
- 30 June - HCCMOAA Officers' Call
- 26 May - HCCMOAA Officers' Call
- 30 May - 9th Annual Memorial Day Program
- We helped host our 9th successful Memorial Day event. Our guest speaker this year was Dale Beatty from Purple Heart Homes as our featured speaker. We enjoyed the Watauga County Community Band and the Marine Corps JROTC Color Guard. Thank you for all your past support and hope to receive your continued help in the future.
- 8 April - General Membership Quarterly Dinner and Meeting
- We held our quarterly meeting at the Boone Golf Club with Boone Mayor Rennie Brantz as our guest speaker. There was a very good turnout with a good many positive comments about the venue, the food and the speaker.
- 28 April - HCCMOAA Officers' Call
- We held another of our monthly "Officers' Call" and continue to have a good time. Please come!
- 5 May - Annual Wounded Warrior Ski Event
- Another very successful event was held at Appalachian Ski Mountain
- 26 March - Annual Pancake Breakfast Fund Raiser.
- We held our 5th Pancake Breakfast at Applebees' Restaurant. Once again it was a rousing success with 219 folks being server and the chapter making around $5,000 that will be used for ROTC and JROTC programs and other community service programs in the area. We are most appreciative for the many volunteers and for our generous community support.
- 31 March - HCCMOAA Officers' Call
- We have continued to hold our monthly "Officers Call" with another good turnout. Again, we had a great time and invite others to join us at these very informal experiences.
- 18 February - HCCMOAA Officers' Call (Happy Hour)
- We held our first "Officers' Call" at the Rivers Street ALE House in Boone. 11 members were present and had an enjoyable time. We hope others can join us next time. These are held the last Thursday of each month, in different locations.